Seeking a talented and resourceful lawyer with 5-10 years of experience in Contract Law, who is able to work independently and aspires to be part of the green energy transition – fueling the world – especially bringing the aviation and heavy shipping sector to net zero CO2 emissions.
Arcadia is an ambitious company with a fast pace and aggressive timeline. Arcadia is building the world’s first eFuels Plant dedicated to produce net zero CO2 eKerosene for the Aviation industry. Having recently closed investor funding for development capital, the first plant is underway in Denmark and will be in operation in late 2026. Arcadia will subsequently build 2-3 plants a year worldwide. Arcadia eFuels is now ramping up organization in Copenhagen and Worldwide.
Working closely with the Chief Legal Officer as well as internal stakeholders and external partners, you will be deeply involved in a wide range of legal affairs across Arcadia eFuels. You will be part of an international team.
The core responsibilities in this role include:
- Responsible for raw material and offtake contracts including drafting and working with business development and technical teams to finalize.
- Assist on financing contracts and working with a professional financial advisory company.
- Drafting and processing NDA’s (investors, banks, vendors etc.).
- Corporate and HR legal assistance.
- Legal document controller.
Being a small team, you’ll also from time to time have the opportunity to work more broadly on a range of topics including legal research, regulatory training of key staff across the company, and bringing investments to closing. Although the center of gravity for Arcadia eFuels is Denmark, the company operates truly internationally and is incorporated in multiple countries. Hence, you will be involved in legal matters under numerous jurisdictions and legal systems, mainly Denmark/EU and USA currently.
As ideal candidate for the role, you have a Danish law degree and a particularly strong understanding of contract law in practice. You are probably employed as contract lawyer or in-house legal counsel in a relevant company with complex international contracts and substantial regulation. Alternatively, you might also work at a law firm but with a passion for green energy transition and a desire to move in-house for a role like this. Since Arcadia operates on the frontier of global energy policy, it is beneficial if you have had exposure to EU or US energy policy regulation – or at least have an appetite to learn more.
- Danish law degree
- Five+ years relevant experience in initiating and finalizing contracts in English with sales, procurement teams, as well as technical experts.
- Strong contracting skills and the ability to independently conceive contract drafts based on your experience and resourcefulness (and not just based on templates or corporate guidelines).
- An ability to independently evaluate jurisdiction.
- Excellent command of English language in writing and verbally since all contracts and most negotiations are conducted in English.
- An independent and efficient working style, strong sense of urgency, and ability to get things done.
- Great collaboration skills. As Arcadia is still evolving division of responsibilities are continuously developing, wherefore collaboration and flexibility is crucial. Hence you must thrive in an agile environment where everyone continuously adapts.
- Passionate for eFuels/Energy transition.
- Efficient working style, strong sense of urgency, and strong execution focus.
- Possibly experience from M&A.
Husum Search has been retained to help Arcadia eFuels with this recruitment process. If you want to hear more or express your potential interested in the role, please reach out to Kristian Husum: email@example.com / +45 29 89 41 09.
Read more about Arcadia: www.arcadiaefuels.com