On behalf of our client, a large European leader in its field, we are looking for an ambitious and hands-on Engineering Manager to lead technical and engineering teams at the Danish manufacturing site in Syd Jylland. Reporting to the site General Manager you will be a critical member of a new, strong, and dynamic leadership team and can shape an ambitious culture in the engineering organization.
As Engineering Manager, you will be overall responsible for maintenance, integrity and performance of the organizations Danish site, a complex and largely automated manufacturing plant. The plant operates around the clock and has substantial exports to clients across Europe. As engineering manager, you lead an organization of close to 25+ technicians, engineers, and other support staff.
Responsibilities in the role include
- Leading technical support teams to ensure effective resolution of operational issues related to manufacturing equipment, facilities, and utilities
- Implementing and continuously improving the preventative maintenance strategy to secure up-time and further improve OEE performance
- Development and implementation of maintenance procedures in CMMS
- Ensuring optimal utilization of technical and engineering staff
- Organizational management and building a culture of continuous improvement and personal accountability at all levels
- Evaluating and prioritizing capital projects and other major plant investments
- Overseeing implementation of capital projects and other major upgrades
- Ensuring regulatory compliance of all equipment, systems, and staff
- Participating in regulatory audits and customer visits
Reporting to the site General Manager (administrerende direktør), you will be a critical member of the local management team. Furthermore, you will be part of the global Engineering Management team to which you also have a dotted line of reporting.
As ideal candidate for this role, you have a relevant engineering degree and a comparable level of experience leading technical and engineering teams at a relatively complex and automated manufacturing plant. You’ve have probably worked in a regulated industry with a significant process engineering component but your engineering- and leadership abilities matter more than your specific industry experience.
To be successful in the role, you:
- Want to be part of a healthy, leading European company in a competitive but growing industry
- Have excellent leadership skills that enable you to motivate the team to perform and maintain a competitive edge
- Approach tasks structured and proactively but are also able to deal with the operational hassle that any engineering management role will entail
- Walk-the-talk and role model accountability
- Have strong change management capabilities that enable you to build an ambitious organizational culture that strives for continuous improvement
The value proposition
This is an opportunity to become part of a financially strong European leader in its industry – an industry that is growing at a steady pace despite Covid-19 and other disruptive challenges. You will become a critical player in a new site management team and will be expected to pitch in and take part in leading the business overall.
You will take over a competent and skilled engineering organization and will have the opportunity to shape your team and build a culture that supports the ambitious agenda of the organization. Business is healthy and in an industry that is relatively impervious to macroeconomic conditions – but the company operates in a highly competitive space. So, a major focus for you will be to ensure that the engineering organization does not become complacent but stays sharp and ambitious.
The plant is highly automated and has seen substantial investment and upgrades over the past years. So, in the short- to mid-term, your focus will be to optimize effectiveness – both asset utilization and of the engineering team.
This recruitment process is being managed by Husum Search. For more details, please reach out to Kristian Husum: firstname.lastname@example.org / +45 29894109.