This summer, Vipps, MobilePay and Pivo will finally join forces to take on big tech and create THE leading and ubiquitous smart-payment provider in Europe. This is the most exciting CHRO opportunity in the vibrant Scandinavian fintech-space: seeking a customer-driven leadership beacon to shape culture and lead People & Organization.
The company and context
With the planned merger of Vipps and MobilePay, the leading smart-payment service provider in Scandinavia will be a reality. The new company will employ more than 500 people across Denmark, Norway, Finland, and Lithuania and will thereby create one of the leading digital wallets in Europe. The demand for easy contactless payment solutions is growing rapidly and the new merged company will have the capacity to invest in even better e-commerce solutions to meet demands of Nordic and European shops, retailers, and consumers.
From day 1, the merged company will help close to 12 million users conduct 900 million transactions each year and will serve more than 400.000 shops and webshops across Scandinavia. With the merger, Vipps MobilePay will make payments even easier for consumers and customers alike and will become the obvious safe and easy choice for any smart-payment.
Pending approval of the intended merger by National and European authorities, the management team of the merged company will consist of leaders from Vipps and MobilePay. The current CEO of VIPPS will become CEO of the merged company and the current CEO of MobilePay will become EVP of strategic growth – driving the further strategic expansion of the merged company. A high-caliber dynamic and diverse leadership team has already been formed and just the CFO and CHRO roles are being opened for external candidates.
The overarching purpose of the CHRO is to make sure that Vipps MobilePay is an absolutely awesome place for talent to grow and find professional fulfilment. The CHRO will be a crucial member of the top management team and report to the CEO. Seamless collaboration across the entire organization goes without saying – and in the management team you will be both a participant and a sparring partner to the individual members. Among the most important relations in the management team will be the CEO of course, and you will also work closely with the head of Brand & Communications as well as the CTO to build a powerful tech talent pipeline to fuel Vipps MobilePay ambitions.
- Overall responsible for People & Organization in Vipps Mobilepay, from operational HR, payroll and compliance to talent lifecycle, leadership, and organizational culture.
- Strategic, tactical, and operational leadership of the People & Organization function, currently consisting of 10 people.
- Contributing to forming and communicating the overall strategic direction of the company, ensuring that each and everyone in the company gets it and knows their part in the bigger picture.
- Driving organizational development proactively and thoughtfully across the organization to secure simple, innovative, and effective workings
- Proactively identifying and qualifying opportunities to strengthen talent and capability initiatives that will make Vipps MobilePay a more successful contender in the market and an even more awesome place to work.
Some of the most important results in the mid-term will include:
- Supporting the successful merger of the two companies.
- Helping to build and integrate the new management team
- Gearing up talent acquisition to ensure that the talent pipeline for particularly tech talent is next-to-none in terms of capability, potential and diversity.
- Review and update retention strategy with relevant initiatives.
- Ensuring that operational HR works effectively: build modern and simple platforms that allow an expedited exit from transition-service-agreements.
- Rethinking the reward strategy to ensure a competitive and progressive positioning.
As ideal candidate, you have a solid experience leading People & Culture across an international organization, ideally within a “technology-heavy” industry. You are a shaper and an integrator who can harness great ideas and ambitions and distill these into impactful, compelling talent strategies that move the needle. From the past, you know what good looks like, and this role is your opportunity to be part of building something great.
More specifically, you have:
- Significant experience proactively conceptualizing and supporting organizational development.
- Cross-cultural mindset and experience leading People & Organization teams in multiple countries.
- Deep interest in how business and organization works – in addition to being a capable senior HR professional, you understand business and strategy in a way that enables you to add value across the entire management team agenda.
- Enjoyed working in a role where you have a significant strategic scope and impact at the same time as being close to daily operations.
- A lean-in demeanor with preference for simplicity over complex perfection and impact over endless planning.
As a person, you are analytically curious but decisive and driven. You are deeply ambitious and smart but humble and able to inspire engagement and daring in others. You are a leadership beacon and engender trust to the extent that people across the organization seek you out for counsel and advice.
If you have questions about the position or wish to express your interest, please don’t hesitate to contact Kristian Husum via firstname.lastname@example.org / 29 89 41 09. All inquiries will be treated in full confidentiality.